If you have experienced domestic violence, at any point in time, you may be eligible for our free and confidential services, including:
Bill of Rights for Survivors
1. I will not be blamed or shamed for having been a
2. I have the right to be happy.
3. I have the right to be free of all forms of abuse: physical,
mental, emotional, psychological or sexual.
4. I have the right to feel my feelings.
5. I have the right to take care of myself.
6. I have the right to have my needs met.
7. I have the right to make choices.
8. I have the right to be loved in a healthy way.
9. I have the right to live without fear.
10. I have the right to express myself.
11. I have the right to forgive myself for things in the past.
*Excerpted from Healing Your Life: Recovery from Domestic Abuse by Candace A. Hennekens
Georgia Domestic Violence Statistics
Watch this TED Talk,
"Why Domestic Violence Victims Don't Leave,"
by Leslie Morgan Steiner, survivor, advocate, and author of Crazy Love: A Memoir.